Changing Lives, Transforming Communities
The tnAchieves Blog
Why You Should Be Using a Daily Planner
January 28, 2021
Do you find yourself feeling like you never have enough time in the day to get everything done? If so, you may not be managing your time effectively. Worry not - nearly every college student struggles with time management at some point during their academic career. Using a daily planner can make a huge difference in reducing stress and feeling accomplished!
Planners come in various formats, so be sure to check the layout of the planner before purchasing it. Daily planners are broken down by day, providing the most detail. Weekly and monthly planners usually do not provide enough space for all the details you want to include. Below are some useful tips for staying organized using a daily planner as well as examples of planners you may want to use.
- Decide whether to use paper or go digital. Most students find written planners to be the most helpful, but Google Calendar and other apps can be helpful. Keep in mind that planners are only effective if updated on a regular basis!
- Use your planner to keep track of more than just school work. While it’s important to write down due dates, class times and your exam schedule, make sure you also include your work schedule, sports practices, errands or any other commitments! The more events you can include in your planner, the more organized you will be.
- Set a time at least once per week to update your planner. Sundays are a great day to update your planner for the coming week. Don’t get frustrated if you have to change your plan during the week. Just remember to update your planner accordingly. If your planner is not up to date, it is no longer useful!
- Reach out to your tnAchieves Coach for help staying organized! Your Coach is an excellent resource for time management tips and all things organization. Click here for the tnAchieves team’s contact information.
Links to purchase planners:
- 2021 Planner 7" x 9" Hard Cover Daily/Monthly Wirebound (Target)
- 2021 Blue Sky 8.5" x 11" Planner (Staples)
- 2021 Daily Hourly Planner with Twin-Wire Binding (Amazon)
- Planner 2021 Hardcover with Weekly and Monthly Plan (Amazon)
- JSTORY Large Weekly Planner Stitch Bound (Amazon)
Free Printable Planner Sheets: