Welcome to the TN Promise Class of 2023!
We are excited to begin working with you as you navigate the journey from high school senior to college student! After completing the TN Promise application, you officially become a tnAchieves student. We are here to support you and encourage you through the college-going process. Please reach out to us whenever you have a question or if you are unsure of your next step. We will begin communicating with you on a regular basis early November 2022!
Make sure to review the tnAchieves/TN Promise checklist below. These are the steps you will take before you begin college as a TN Promise student in fall 2023!
NOVEMBER 1, 2022
- The Class of 2023 TN Promise application closed on Nov. 1, 2022.
- Look for your tnAchieves handbook, which will be mailed to the home address provided on your TN Promise application.
- Apply for UT Promise if interested in attending a UT System institution (Knoxville, Chattanooga, Southern, Martin, Memphis).
- Attend in-person TN Promise mandatory meeting with your assigned volunteer mentor in December 2022 or January 2023.
- Students will be assigned a meeting date/time based on their high school. More information to come!
- Activate tnAchieves CONNECT account.
MARCH 1, 2023
- Complete the TN Promise mandatory meeting requirement (mentioned above).
- Complete the 2023-2024 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
*Keep in mind, failure to complete these requirements will result in loss of your TN Promise eligibility. Once you lose your eligibility, there is not an option to regain.
- Connect with your tnAchieves volunteer mentor at an Open House. Open House dates will be announced soon!
APRIL 3, 2023
- Complete and submit 8 hours of community service to tnAchieves.org for the summer 2023 term.
- This will only apply to students that plan to attend a Tennessee College of Applied Technology (TCAT) and wish to begin their program in the summer.
JULY 5, 2023
- Complete and submit 8 hours of community service to tnAchieves.org for the fall 2023 term.
- You can find more information regarding the community service requirement here.
- NOTE: You can only complete a maximum of four hours of community service using virtual community service webinars on the tnAchieves website for each deadline. All other hours must be completed in person.
- For example, you may view 4 virtual community service webinars on our website and volunteer at your local animal shelter taking care of the animals for 4 hours. Or, you can spend 6 hours volunteering with Habitat for Humanity to build a house and view 2 virtual community service webinars to bring your total hours to 8.
*Keep in mind, failure to complete this requirement will result in loss of your TN Promise eligibility. Once you lose your eligibility, there is not an option to regain.
- Enroll as a full-time student (at least 12 credit hours or in a full-time program) at a TN Promise eligible institution
*All deadlines bolded in green font are mandatory requirements that you must meet in order to maintain your TN Promise eligibility. Failure to adhere to TN Promise requirements will result in the permanent loss in your TN Promise eligibility.