Review Your Upcoming TN Promise Requirements!
October 24, 2022
tnAchieves wants to ensure you stay on track to meet your TN Promise requirements! Every Monday you receive an email from tnAchieves with important information regarding your TN Promise scholarship and college enrollment requirements. At the bottom of each email, you will also see an updated snapshot of where you stand with all your TN Promise requirements via your TN Promise Checklist. Your checklist is updated as you complete your requirements, so please make sure you are checking your emails each week. You do not want to miss any important information regarding your scholarship eligibility.
In addition to your TN Promise Checklist, below you will find a summary of your TN Promise requirements as a college student:
- You are required to complete and submit 8 hours of community service to tnAchieves.org using our online community service form prior to each term that you plan to enroll with the TN Promise scholarship. This is an ongoing requirement!
- Your next set of 8 hours are due by 11:59 PM on December 1, 2022 for the spring 2023 term. You can find more information regarding this requirement or submit your hours here!
- You must file the next academic year’s Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) each year by the given deadline.
- Your 2023-2024 FAFSA must be submitted no later than 11:59 PM on March 1, 2023. You will file your FAFSA at StudentAid.gov!
- You must be continuously enrolled as a full-time student (at least 12 credit hours or in a full-time program) at a TN Promise eligible institution.
- You must maintain satisfactory academic progress at the end of each trimester if you are attending a Tennessee College of Applied Technology (TCAT) or at least a cumulative 2.0 GPA at the end of each academic year if you are attending a community college or four-year institution.
If you are looking for more details regarding your scholarship requirements as a college student, please click here ! Additionally, please respond to any of our emails and/or text messages if you have any questions or something looks incorrect on your checklist.