Changing Your Institution
If you need to change the college listed on your TSAC Portal or FAFSA, you will need to complete the steps outlined below. Having the correct institution listed on your 2023-2024 FAFSA and your TSAC Portal will ensure that your scholarships and financial aid are sent to the correct college.
Updating your TSAC Portal*
- Once you click the link above, enter the username and password you created when you applied for TN Promise.
• If you forgot your username and/or password, click Forgot username or password?
• If you forgot your password, click the Forgot your password? Click here link. Enter your email address, the last four digits of your Social Security number and your date of birth. Click Submit. A temporary password will be sent to the email address you provided when you applied for TN Promise. The temporary password will expire in one hour. It is suggested that you copy and paste the temporary password from the email into the password field.
- You may be prompted to answer one of the security questions you chose when you applied for TN Promise. Check the box next to Register this computer to skip this step next time you login from this computer. Click Continue.
- The next page will show the image you chose. If it is the correct image, enter your password and click Log In.
- Under the Grants and Scholarship Program Information section, you will see Academic Year 2023-2024 and a list of program names and the institutions (program names include TSAA Tennessee Grants, HOPE Scholarship, HOPE Access Grant, Wilder-Naifeh Technical Skills Grant, Tennessee Promise).
- You will see a Transfer School button for each program. You may click on any button and update the institution which will update all programs.
- Select the correct institution from the drop down box. Click Process Transfer Request.
- Click on View Financial Summary on the top right hand corner to return to your student portal. You should see that the institution was changed under the Grants and Scholarship Program Information section.
- When you are finished, click Log Out. Please keep your username and password for the TSAC Student Portal in a safe place.
If you need help accessing your student account, or if the portal says there is already an account associated with your information, please call the TSAC Helpline at 1-800-342-1663.
Updating your 2023-2024 FAFSA*
- Go to StudentAid.gov, and log in using your FSA ID.
- Ensure that the 2023-2024 tab is selected, and click Update Schools found under You may take the following additional actions:.
- Click Continue.
- Create a save key.
The save key is for temporary use for you or your parent to return and complete this specific FAFSA form. The save key must be between 4 and 8 characters long. You can use any combination of numbers and/or uppercase and lowercase letters. For example, the save key “Student2” is different than the save key “sTuDeNt2.”
- If the school you plan to attend is not included in the schools listed in the summary, click Add More Schools.
• Search for the school you need to add by state, city or school name, or type in the Federal School Code, which can be found in the financial aid section of the college’s website. Click Search.
• Select the school in the Search Results box, then click Continue. The school should appear in the Selected Colleges and Housing Info menu. When you are done adding colleges, click Continue.
- In the Make changes to another section of your FAFSA form? pop-up box, select No Thanks, Continue.
- Check the box indicating that you agree to the terms outlined above.
- Click Sign This FAFSA Form.
- Click Submit My FAFSA Form Now.
- You will be directed to a page confirming that your 2023-2024 correction was successfully submitted to Federal Student Aid.
- You will receive a confirmation email to the email address provided on your FAFSA when you submit changes. Please save and print this email for your records.
- Changes made to your FAFSA can take up to three days to process. Stay in close communication with the financial aid office at the college you plan to attend to make sure they are able to access your FAFSA.