- Any individual who wants to invest 10-15 hours annually assisting 5-10 high school seniors with post-secondary success
- Must be 21 years or older
- Subject to a background check
A tnAchieves mentor must...
- Apply online by December 1 by going here.
- Be at least 21 years of age.
- Pass a background check.
- Complete mandatory mentor training.
- Attend two team meetings with your students per year.
tnAchieves mentors tell us that they spend less than ONE hour per month, or between 10 and 15 hours annually serving as a resource to our students.
The role is simple but significant as our mentors help our students reach their potential. At its core, tnAchieves mentors complete an application, choose their preferred high school, complete a one-hour training session, attend two one-hour meetings and communicate with students every two weeks via email, phone or text as they transition from high school to college.
tnAchieves designed its mentoring program so even the busiest executive, parent or young professional could make a meaningful impact.
Each mentor may choose between 5 and 10 high school seniors to guide with post-secondary success. However, mentors may not choose which students they work with.
All tnAchieves mentors must be at least 21 years or older.
In order to become a tnAchieves mentor, you must pass a background check. Your social security number is needed to complete one.
No, a college degree is not required to be a tnAchieves mentor.
We will train you to feel comfortable working with your students if you do not have college experience!