How to file the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- On or after October 1, 2017 students will visit www.fafsa.gov. This is the official FAFSA site. DO NOT complete the application at www.fafsa.com or any other website that asks you for a fee. The deadline to submit the 2018-2019 FAFSA for TN Promise students is January 26, 2018.
- Make sure to select the 2018-2019 FAFSA application.
- You and your parent/legal guardian should have each created an FSA ID upon completing the 2017-2018 FAFSA. You will need to use this information to log into and sign your 2018-2019 FAFSA. If you are having trouble remembering your FSA ID, you can contact the FSA ID helpline at 1-800-433-3243.
- You will utilize 2016 tax information. If you or your parent/guardian has not completed 2016 taxes at the time of FAFSA completion, you must select "I will file my taxes," file the 2018-2019 FAFSA based on estimations and later update your FAFSA with the filed tax information.
- If you have questions while completing your FAFSA, click here or contact the FAFSA helpline at 1-800-433-3243.