Complete the TN Promise Application by November 2, 2020
Begin your college journey by completing the TN Promise application! To apply, visit TNPromise.gov!
Students apply for TN Promise through the Tennessee Student Assistance Corporation (TSAC) Student Portal. This portal is where you can access updated and personalized information about your application for state financial aid. You can check the status of your awards, contact TSAC with questions or update your profile information.
You must complete the steps on this page entirely to successfully apply for TN Promise. If you have any issues completing the TN Promise application, please contact the TSAC Helpline at 1-800-342-1663.
How to Complete the TN Promise Application
- To complete the TN Promise application, you must have the following:
- First and last name as they appear on your Social Security card
- Social Security number as it appears on your Social Security card
- Date of birth
- Email address
- Visit TNPromise.gov and click the Apply Now for TN Promise banner found at the top of the page.
- Click Register if you do not already have an account or Sign In if you have previously used the TSAC system.
- You may already have an account if you took a dual enrollment class in high school.
- If you are a new user, click Create a Log In.
- Complete the form, check the box to accept the terms and conditions and click Create My Account.
- Record your username and password somewhere safe, along with the answers to your security questions.
- Click Click Here To Log In.
- Enter the username and password you created and click Log In.
- Click Continue to confirm your previously-selected personal image.
- Click Apply in the top left corner of your screen.
- From the list of scholarships, click on Tennessee Promise Scholarship Award 2021-2022 to access the application.
- Complete the scholarship application.
- Watch for error messages in red.
- Please note the email address you provide on your TN Promise application is the email address tnAchieves will use to communicate deadlines and reminders. It is important to use a working email that you check at least weekly or risk missing important requirements.
- Once you complete the application, click Continue and a confirmation will appear.
- The TN Promise application is not complete until a confirmation screen appears. You should print a confirmation email for your records!
- To check on the status of an application, click View Summary from your account home page.
With tnAchieves, you will be part of the Class of 2021 until a loss of eligibility or a terminating event occurs.